Saturday, September 11, 2010

For professional eyes only

So this year instead of having this blog be for my students, it will be for me.  A place to reflect, to vent, to reach out into the ether.  The year has started out insanely - new principal, new assistant principal - who have in common the communication style of a schizophrenic rhinoceros.  Monday is the first full day of classes, and here it is Saturday night and I am ready for 2.5 of my 4 classes.  Even as I type I am conscious that this effort, which I believe is for my professional benefit may be distracting me from the work I need to do.

I have come across a fabulous graphic organizer/first day student survey, for which I am grateful.  More fun than anything I would have come up with.  I am hoping - and this is the last thing I will say before I get back to the work that must be done if I am to retain my sanity through the first week - that being with my students will divert me from the nonsense up above. 

Here's to teachers who share their work with anyone lucky enough to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment